If your neighbour is partying, call police: Chandigarh Advisor

Politics, Congress, BJP, BhartiyaJantaParty, IndiaLockdown, COVID19, CoronaVirus, CM, StayHomeStaySafe, Chandigarh, ManojParida, PunjabLockdown

CHANDIGARH: If your neighbour is partying or socialising by inviting guests amid lockdown, just report to the police, Chandigarh Advisor Manoj Parida said on Tuesday. “Now I appeal to residents to report against neighbours if they are holding parties or social gatherings or get-togethers in violation of curfew,” he informed in a tweet.

“Just call 112 or send a video clip as evidence. This seems to be the only way to deal with these enemies of society,” he added. Nine cases, comprising three doctors, of COVID-19 were reported in the city on Monday, the highest single-day spike.

With the new cases, the total number of cases in Chandigarh rose to 45. The police on April 25 registered a case against a 30-year-old COVID-19 positive man working at Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Sector 32 for hosting a party by violating social distance and lockdown norms.

He had tested positive on April 24.