Madhumati Tyagi and Geetha Patil
This garlic milk, a warm drink is an elixir for those having pain in their back, lower back, buttocks, legs, and sciatica pain that runs from the lower back to hips, buttocks and each leg.
Not just these, but garlic milk has been known to treat cough, asthma, tuberculosis (TB), pneumonia, and cholesterol. It is also said that drinking this milk regularly can combat infertility in both men and women. Also, if someone is not sleeping well, this milk can do wonders, try taking 1/2 cup of this milk for a week and see the changes.
Garlic milk is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds and sweetened with jaggery is known to ward off seasonal issues and enhance immunity. It is also said to lower cholesterol when had before bedtime, and is even given to lactating mothers to increase breast milk supply
To make this milk:
- Take a pan and boil 1 cup milk in it.
- Once done, add 3-4 peeled garlic cloves in it and bring it to a boil again.
- Afterwards, add a pinch of black pepper with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in it and stir well.
- Bring it to a boil once again and turn off the flame.
- While the milk is warm enough, strain in a cup and mix ½ tbsp. honey or jaggery in it and drink it warm.
Also Read: Know the Benefits of Moringa (Drumstick)