What are the different types of US visa?

What are the different types of US visas

While there are about 185 different types of visas, there are two main categories of U.S. visas: nonimmigrant visa: for temporary visits such as for tourism, business, work, visiting family, or studying. Immigrant visa: for people to immigrate to the United States.

Since there are so many different types of US visas, the qualifications you will need to meet before you apply can vary. These visas are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

Working Holiday Visa

This visa allows you to travel to the USA and work for up to 6 months on a short term contract or for temporary work. You can apply if you are a student with no dependents and you wish to study in America. You should be eligible under the category of a high school graduate or above

Business Visitor Visa 

This visa allows you to work in the USA for up to a year as an employee of an American company. You must also prove that your company has permanent employees in the USA, that you have held a valid passport from one of the member countries of the European Union or from a country that is not a member of the European Union.

Study Visa

For people wishing to study in the USA, the main categories to choose from are Academic Exchange Visas (Aus Visas) and Academic Trainers Visa. The type of visa you choose depends on what your plan is for your studies in the USA. For instance, you can choose between study by correspondence, study through online education, or study at a university in person. If you are an Australian citizen or a New Zealand citizen, you may also be eligible to apply for the Visa Waiver Program.

Student Visa

For those who are planning to continue their studies in the USA after they have finished their college courses, this visa is ideal for them. In addition to a student visa, you may also qualify for certain types of student loans. Students will require a student card, or a valid passport, as well as a list of supporting documents.

Temporary Worker Visa

This special immigrant visa allows you to work for a specific period of time in the USA. You can work for a specified amount of time or on a seasonal basis, or even work indefinitely.

Work Study Visa

This visa allows you to spend a certain amount of time in the USA as a work-study student. If you are a foreign student, you may also be able to work on a seasonal basis or on an indefinite basis. In general, you will need to hold a valid passport and be willing to start working straight away.

Work Holiday Visa

This visa permits you to work in the USA for a specified period of time as a working holiday in an agreed-upon location. To apply, you must show proof of a valid passport and proof of the place you will work. You will also need to show evidence of adequate accommodation and transportation to the work holiday location, and you should also be prepared to present documents that show that your employment is legal and genuine.

 As you can see, when the subject is all about visas, there are many different types of US visas available to those wishing to study or travel in the USA. Just remember that the Pvisa you choose will depend on what you are intending to use it for and the length of time you intend to stay in the USA.